There is concern about the current situation that has older adults living in isolation, exposed to infection, risk of age-related diseases and loss of skills. As the city is a complex environment for an elderly person to continue doing his or her normal activities, we consider that these people should get constant and uninterrupted help.
So we propose the use of AI that will allow them to largely continue pursuing their occupations and passions regardless of whether or not the environment is the most favorable for them.
To make this possible, we will use a subcutaneous chip that can connect via WIFI, Bluetooth, 5G, NFC, GPS and different proximity interactions.
This chip will solve issues like:
- Providing medication assistance.
- Taking vital signs and alerting family members and health systems in case of an emergency.
- Detecting psychological disorders and calling relatives and psychologists.
- Using geolocation systems in case they don’t know how to get back home.
- Providing assistance in their daily activities to prevent situations such as leaving the oven on, reminding them to turn off the water taps, controlling gas taps, not overheating the shower, helping them order groceries, etc.
- Creating and keeping social relationships even at a distance.
- Paying utility bills automatically.
- Using hyperbaric beds that administer medication through inhalation.
- Smart homes.
This way, we seek to enhance the quality of life of the elderly and help their loved ones be aware of their health, nutrition, physical and mental activity and/or any needs they may have.